Monday, April 15, 2013

Who Is This Girl?!

My office mate Marye and I have a big dilemma in our hands. This has been bugging us for weeks! Whenever we think about it, we stop on our tracks, get our phones/computers ready for a screenshot, then think about how to solve this mystery. Hence, this blog entry.

Does anyone know who this girl is?!

She first entered my consciousness when I saw her for the Amway Fun Run poster.



The next time I saw her photo was on the wall of a fast food place in our office building.
I mentioned this to Marye, and I think she remembered it because next thing you know, we were seeing her everywhere!

I saw her on Yahoo:


Marye saw her on Air Asia's in flight magazine:


 I saw her on Sea Air's website:


 Marye saw her on a tarpaulin for Magnolia Flavor House:


 And today on Ensogo's website:


We even saw her on the app 4 Pics 1 Word!




It became a thing for us haha, we need to know who she is and why she is so popular as the poster girl for ads. It seems that she has a lot of stock photos. But it's just weird/funny to see her all the time. Is it because of her infectious smile? I think so.

PLEASE, if you know who she is, do tell!!! It's really important for our peace of mind. :p

P.S. I'm not kidding. I really need to know who she is because it's driving me nuts seeing her everywhere. It's like a puzzle that I need to solve. My mind won't shut up until I know who she is!

UPDATE! Marye and another friend found a link of her stock photo profile. She has the username Maridav.

Here's a screen shot of her profile on 123F:




I googled Maridav, and her profile on Shutterstock came up. It says she is a Photographer/Illustrator/Vector Artist/Videographer. So does she photograph herself in all these situationals?



UPDATE II: My former office mate Jerome, who's now part of Esquire magazine, says they did a feature on her in their April issue. Am I willing to spend 195 pesos to know who she is? Let's see! Hopefully I can find the closure I need. Hahaha!

UPDATE III: A comment on this entry informed me of a Facebook page dedicated to her, and that her name is Ariane. I found a copy of the Esquire issue at my brother's house, and while they had an email interview with her, she still didn't provide her surname. She says she values her privacy. Apparently, she works together with a guy named Martin and do all these shoots. Her father's French-Canadian and her mother is Chinese. So I guess that's that! Ariane, with no surname.

11 comments:

  1. This girl haunts us!

    PS: she's really lucky though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hope we find out who she is soon! So we can be her manager. ;p

      Delete
  2. I think her last name is Sørensen (Sorensen). I could be wrong but I'm also very curious to know who she is. Share your findings! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is her official fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/arianemodel

    Her name's Ariane. I hope her page gain more likes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! It's funny how I'm not the only one who noticed she's everywhere. Haha. Sad that I still don't know her last name though. :p

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! With all the attention she's getting, I have to agree with her. It's best that she hides her last name from public. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for this post, I was also very curious (almost irritated) and eager to find out who was this girl that appeared in EVERY running/sports-related ad I came across. Thank you thank you thank you ! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! A first name and a Shutterstock profile are enough to satisfy the curiosity I've had for the last year now. I've been seeing her in tons of places as well, NONE of which are in common with the places you've shown here. She's absolutely everywhere. That smile is clearly the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little more info...Her name is Ariane (last name unknown), she is Canadian but not sure if she is living there currently, mixed Chinese/Canadian stock photo model.

    ReplyDelete