Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It's Definitely Summer!

This heat is something else, huh? I'm a person who gets cold easily, and I still use a kumot (flat sheet) even when there's no air conditioning. But lately, I often wake up in the middle of the night with my neck and nape sweating, even when my fan is right next to my face. I have to turn on the aircon so I can fall back to sleep! And don't even get me started on going outside. I'm lucky I stay in the office most of the day. The five-minute walk from the MRT station to the office is horrible.Make sure to hydrate often! I just saw a headline that a councilor re-electionist died of heat stroke in Camarines Sur.

Summer goodies! Juicy strawberries & my ultimate comfort food: Good Shepherd Ube Jam.

Speaking of hydration, my mom just came from Baguio and she brought home strawberries for me. And that only calls for one thing: Strawberry Smoothies! :) It is so refreshing and what I like most about my homemade smoothie is it doesn't contain the syrup (read: liquid sugar) that most commercial fruit shake stalls use. Here are the four simple ingredients for my strawberry smoothie: fresh strawberries, ice, milk, and honey! Easy peasy.

Make your fruit smoothies at home! It's cheaper and healthier.


Now on to the real point of this entry. When I'm feeling down, I usually turn to this quote from Rita Mae Brown's Hiss of Death:

photo from Pinterest

And right now, I have two of the three things: someone to love (my boyfriend) and something to look forward to (an upcoming trip abroad). I just need something to do! No, my work doesn't count. We need to learn something new every day.

It's perfect because this summer, so many classes and workshops are happening that you just need to choose what interests you and voila! You add something to your noggin' and you make productive use of your time.

I am so excited because I've signed up for two classes happening this month and next month. I won't tell you what they are just yet, but I am happy because I know it's something I can further hone and who knows, maybe even earn from.

What are your summer plans? :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ro! Ate G here. I created a new blog too so feel free to visit. Just started on my first blog post.

    As for summer plans? It feels like summer na but it's still spring (hah!). I have tons of DIY projects and re-purposing lined up. I'll post them when they're done. Miss you and happy to see you're back in the blogosphere!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ate! I just left a comment on your blog. :) I wish I have more time for cooking and crafting like you. I can't wait to read your next posts!

      Delete