Sunday, April 28, 2013

What I'm Loving Now - All Things Lemon!

Have you seen the current window displays in clothing stores? I love this summer season's color palette: yummy sorbet colors of mint, melon, blush, and lemon! They are so wonderful to look at, and it makes you forget about the oppressive heat even for a while.

But let me focus on lemon for now. While I was at the office pantry one morning, I realized that I have developed a taste for the fruit, the color, even the person.

I've been watching the US TV series Hart of Dixie, and I am in love with Lemon Breeland, played by Jamie King. I love Zoe Hart as well, but there's just something about Lemon that makes you want to root for her. What I love most are her outfits. I want to raid her closet! We really need to give props to the show's stylist. Lemon always looks so put-together, lady-like and fresh. I also love Lemon's hair and glowing skin. I think Jamie King plays the part so well. One scene that comes to mind is when she tried to seduce that dentist that Ruby was flirting with. All she had to do was remove her cardigan, show off her shoulders, look up innocently from her curled lashes, and snap! The dentist followed her out like a puppy.

Here are some of Lemon's looks that I love:






Another lemon thing I'm loving right now is The Body Shop's Sweet Lemon bath products. I've been swimming and working out before work so I needed something to up the moisturizing ante. Good thing I got this set from my mom (thanks mom!), and I immediately used the shower gel and the body butter. They smell so good! Throughout the day at work I keep smelling myself haha. I smell and feel so clean. Plus the body butter doesn't feel sticky at all.



And lastly, I got these awesome garter flats from Tonic. The design is called Sari, and it's specially-designed for summer. Just looking at them instantly perks me up. They have other colors available but I gravitated toward this pair the most. And they're comfortable too! Yesterday I went to their private sale at The Grove and couldn't resist buying sandals for my two nieces. You can order online or visit their stores. The owner Kim is also a delight to transact with. :)



That's it! Hopefully this gets to be a regular thing on the blog, me sharing things I'm loving at the moment. How about you, what are you loving now? :)

P.S. How can I forget my blog's layout! It's lemon-inspired too. :)

2 comments: